2 small or 1 large apple
2 tablespoons butter or margerine, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 slices bread
4-6 tablespoons Nutzy Peanut Butter
1. Wash, core, and cut the unpeeled apple into 1/8” slices.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and water to a large saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine. Add the sliced apples and make sure to coat them in the liquid mixture.
3. Cover the pan and simmer the apples for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The apples should be slightly soft but still crisp.
4. Add the vanilla to the pan and mix the apples to make sure that the vanilla gets incorporated.
5. Remove the apples to a plate and leave behind any liquid in the pan.
6. Melt another tablespoon of butter in the pan. Spread 1–1 1/2 tablespoons of Nutzy peanut butter on one side of each piece of bread.
7. Divide the sauteed apples in half and place each half on one piece of bread.
8. Place the remaining two pieces of bread, Nutzy peanut butter side down, on top of the apples. Cook the sandwiches over medium heat until brown, about 2–4 minutes.
9. Carefully flip the sandwiches over and cook the second side for another 2-4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately.